Bylaw No. 2527-2016
|3 Authority established|
|4 Authority members|
|5 Removal of members|
|6 Replacement of members|
|7 Purposes of authority|
|9 Airport General Manager|
|11 Conflict of interest|
|Schedule "A" - Definitions|
WHEREAS Abbotsford International Airport is owned and operated by the City of Abbotsford as a public asset;
AND WHEREAS the Council of the City of Abbotsford has established the Abbotsford International Airport as a self-sustaining business operation such that the annual operating and capital budgets are funded by Abbotsford International Airport revenues and revenue from other sources that do not include the City of Abbotsford;
AND WHEREAS one of the purposes of the Abbotsford International Airport is that of City of Abbotsford and regional economic development; AND WHEREAS the Council of the City of Abbotsford wishes to establish the Abbotsford Airport Authority as a select committee to advise and make recommendations to the Council of the City of Abbotsford;
AND WHEREAS the City of Abbotsford will appoint and employ the Airport General Manager and airport employees to operate the Abbotsford International Airport in accordance with City of Abbotsford policies and with the annual Abbotsford International Airport strategic plan recommended by the Abbotsford Airport Authority and adopted by Council of the City of Abbotsford;
The Council of the City of Abbotsford, in open meeting duly assembled, ENACTS AS FOLLOWS:
3 The Abbotsford Airport Authority is established as a select committee of Council consisting of the members appointed under Section 4.
(6) Council must appoint the chair and vice-chair of the Authority at the annual joint Council meeting referred to in Section 7 (1) (a).
(8) Despite Subsection (5), an Authority member's term continues until a successor is appointed.
6 Council may appoint a replacement member if a member dies, resigns or is removed.
(a) subject to an annual joint Council meeting with the Authority and Council, recommend, prior to December 1 of each calendar year, an annual Airport strategic and operational plan for approval by Council for the following calendar year, comprising of, at least, the following:
(c) make recommendations to the City Manager and to Council, respectively, on the appointment or termination of the Airport General Manager who is appointed under Section 9 (1);
(d) monitor the operational performance of the Airport and report to Council any variances or inconsistencies from the strategic and operational plan approved by Council under Section 8 (1) (a); and
(2) Each member of the Authority is a brand ambassador for the Airport in support of business and economic development in the City region, and greater business community. Each Authority member will also promote Airport strategic initiatives to other orders of government pertaining to funding requests or policy decisions.
(b) recommending hiring or termination of the employment of Airport employees, consistent with the strategic plan, and the City's Officer Designation and Delegation of Authority Bylaw, 2013;
(i) licence agreements (including agreements for office space, advertising, occupation of land and improvements or filming rights), that have a term of three (3) years or less (including renewals or extensions), and have a value of less than $250,000; and
(5) Four (4) times per calendar year, the Airport General Manager must deliver to the Authority members a Business Development Summary and Financial Summary; and each such delivery must be made at least 60 days before each Authority meeting referred to in Section 10.
(6) Three (3) times per calendar year, after each Authority meeting, the Airport General Manager will present the Airport Authority minutes to the Council; and provide the Council with an overview of the minutes and report any variances or inconsistencies from the strategic and operational plan.
10 (1) The Authority must meet four (4) times per calendar year, including the annual joint Council meeting, as set out under Section 7 (1) (a).
11 Each member of the Authority is governed by, and subject to, the City's conflict of interest rules for committee members, as set out in the City's Committee Protocol Policy.
12 Bylaw No. 1783-2008, cited as "Abbotsford Airport Authority Bylaw, 2008", and any and all amendments, are hereby repealed.
In this Bylaw:
"Accountable Executive" means the "Accountable Executive", as set out in the federal legislation by Transport Canada.
"Airport" means the Abbotsford Airport, located on Lot A, Sections 11, 12 and 13, Township 13 and Section 7 Township 16 New Westminster District Plan BCP35036.
"Airport General Manager" means the individual appointed to that position under Section 9 (1).
"Authority" means the Abbotsford Airport Authority established under Section 3.
"City" means the City of Abbotsford.
"Council" means Council of the City.
"Deputy Mayor" means the "Deputy Mayor", as set out in the City's Council Procedure Bylaw, 2015.
"Mayor" means the duly elected Mayor of the City.
"Officer" means a person established as a Statutory Officer in the City's Officer Designation and Delegation of Authority Bylaw, 2013.
"Safety Manager" means the "Safety Manager", as set out in the federal legislation by Transport Canada.