Local Government Bylaw License – British Columbia
Please note, these license terms apply only to Local Government Bylaws. Please review them carefully.
You are entitled to use the Information that is expressly made available under this license, regardless of its format, and by doing so you are unconditionally accepting the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you must not use any of the Information.
1.0 Using Information under this license
- 1.1The Information Provider grants You a worldwide, royalty–free, perpetual, non–exclusive license to use the Information in accordance with, and subject to, the conditions below.
2.0 Unless otherwise specified, You may do any of the following for any lawful commercial or non-commercial purpose:
- 2.1use, copy, publish and distribute the Information by any means, in whole or in part; and
- 2.2modify the medium or format of the Information and include all or any portion of the Information in Your own product or application (including in combination with other information).
3.0Where You do any of the above, You must:
These are important conditions of this license and, if You fail to comply with any of them, the rights granted to You under this license, or any similar license granted by the Information Provider, will end automatically without further notice being provided to You.
- 3.1exercise due diligence in ensuring that any Information that You use, copy, publish, distribute or modify the medium or format of in accordance with this license is accurate and current;
- 3.2not, unless otherwise instructed by the Information Provider, remove or in any way alter any disclaimer, attribution statement or other notice that is provided by the Information Provider in, on or in association with the Information; and
- 3.3at least once in association with any Reproduction, whether in written or electronic format, prominently display the following statement (unless the Information Provider provides any alternate statement with the Information, in which case that alternate statement must be used):
"These materials contain information that has been derived from information originally made available by the applicable Local Government and this information is being used in accordance with the Local Government Bylaw License – British Columbia available at: https://municipal.qp.gov.bc.ca/civix/content/coa/coabylaws/?xsl=/templates/browse.xsl They have not, however, been produced in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of, that Local Government and THESE MATERIALS ARE NOT AN OFFICIAL VERSION."
- 4.1This license does not:
- (a)grant You any rights except those specifically stated above;
- (b) cover any personal information or other information not accessible under the
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (B.C.);
- (c) include any Information or third party rights in the Information that the Information Provider does not own or is not authorized to license; or
- (d) include other intellectual property rights, including any trademark(s) or official mark(s), that are either owned or used under license by the Information Provider.
- 5.1 This license does not grant You any right to use the Information in any way that claims or suggests any official status or that the Information Provider endorses either You or Your use of the Information.
6.0 No Warranty
- 6.1 The Information is licensed 'as is' and the Information Provider disclaims and excludes all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities, whether express or implied, in relation to the Information to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- 6.2The Information Provider is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information and will not under any circumstances be liable to You or any third party for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or other loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by its use or any reliance upon the Information or any Reproduction or otherwise arising in connection with this license or the Information, even if specifically advised of the possibility of such loss, injury or damage. The Information Provider does not guarantee the continued supply or availability of the Information.
- 6.3The disclaimer and limitation of liability set out in sections 6.1 and 6.2 apply equally to the Province, as the online host and platform provider for the Information on the Information Provider's behalf.
7.0 Governing Law
- 7.1 This license is governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia and the applicable laws of Canada. Legal proceedings related to this license may only be brought in the courts of British Columbia.
- 8.1In this license, the terms defined below have the following meanings:
- (a) "Information" means the bylaws of the Information Provider available through its webpage located at: https://municipal.qp.gov.bc.ca/civix/content/coa/coabylaws/?xsl=/templates/browse.xsl
Any specific content as prescribed by regulation for various forms or other documents is included in this license. However, this license does not cover any of the Information Provider's fillable forms or other documents that incorporate such prescribed content.
- (b)"Information Provider" means the Local Government that is the owner and/or provider of the Information.
- (c)"Province" means Her Majesty the Queen in right of the Province of British Columbia.
- (d)"Reproduction" means any work that is derived from or related to the Information and that has been used, copied, published, distributed or modified by You (or anyone on Your behalf) pursuant to and in accordance with this license.
- (e) "You" or "Your" means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring or exercising rights under this license on their own behalf or on behalf of any third party.
9.0 About this license
- 9.1This is version 1.1 of the Local Government Bylaw License – British Columbia. The Information Provider may make changes to the terms of this license from time to time and issue a new version of this license. If You are already using Information under a previous version of this or any other license, those prior license terms will continue to apply to your use of that Information unless and until they are expressly superseded or otherwise revoked by the Information Provider.